Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Friend Flickr

Ok, I've played around in Flickr. I have not done anything with a Flickr account because I don't have a digital camera. But I seached and found some pretty neat stuff. I looked for a picture of the Grapevine Train Station with the Homecoming statue and found a few. And then I found some pictures of Barton Seagrave in Northampton Shire. It looks like a pretty place. And I've found some pictures of the Lumbee Indian reunion in North Carolina. Not to mention pictures of the neighborhood in Chicago known as Bronzeville. It would take too long to explain why I would be interested in all those different places, but I am and it was a kick to be able to see them from pictures taken and posted by so many people who just wanted to share them.

1 comment:

  1. Flickr is a cool tool. The great thing is some may use it for great power point presentations, some for teaching about a particular place, some like you... because of your interest in a particular place. I have heard of libraries setting up Flickr accounts for their patrons to load pictures about what is going on in their community. What a fun tool!

    ReplyDelete